What is a storyboard? A storyboard, as defined by the dictionary, “is a sequence of drawings, typically with some directions or dialogue, representing the shots planned for a movie.” A storyboard is also used in television commercials, advertisements, photography, etc. It is an important tool in illustrating each scene of any production.
A photography storyboard is used in any photo shoot and can be useful in providing ideas and concepts. It contains illustrations mainly used as reference when doing a photo shoot. You can gather ideas using several sources. For example, you can use a magazine that enables you to cut any illustration for your storyboard.
Storyboard for Wedding Photography
Professional Photography Storyboard
Photography Storyboard Sample
How to Make Your Own Storyboard
The main purpose of a storyboard is to help you plan as well as enables you to put up a visual representation for your clients or your production crew. A comic storyboard is one example of a storyboard, useful in creating a comic. Learn how to make your own storyboard by following the steps below.
- The first step you need to do when creating your storyboard is to use a template. You can make your own from scratch or you can make use of the templates here. We have various storyboard templates available that you can use.
- Draw several rectangles to symbolize each key scene on your storyboard. You can add as much rectangles as you would need.
- Under each rectangle that you have made, write the script for each of the scenes in your storyboard.
- In the rectangles, sketch and illustrate the scenes. A perfect drawing isn’t necessary since this is only a rough draft. You can even use stick figures to illustrate people in your storyboard.
- Lastly, add notes about each scene in your storyboard. Describe the camera angles, movements, and special effects that you want. You can also add music or sound effects.
Photography Narrative Storyboard
Blank Photography Storyboard
How to Create a Storyboard Concept for Your Photo Shoot
Photographers can also make use of a storyboard when planning a photo shoot. A storyboard will make it easier for photographers to plan and create a concept for a photo shoot that they will be having. Since photographers are essential in any event such as a wedding, birthday, anniversary, or any project, they can make use of a storyboard to build a concept. Here are the steps to help photographers in a photo shoot.
- Before you create your storyboard, it is important to do research on the latest trends to help you start.
- Use magazines as inspiration for your concept. You can cut them out and add them to your storyboard to create each box.
- Describe each box, detailing the props that are going to be used and the movements.
- You can also use them as reference for the hairstyle, clothing, etc., that you are going to incorporate in your photo shoot.
- Also describe the lighting, the background, the angles, etc., on your storyboard. As mentioned, you can get inspiration from the research that you have done before you started your storyboard.
Additionally, you can use our storyboard samples to help you create your storyboard.
12+ Sample Marketing Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
14+ Sample Marketing Report Templates- Docs, PDF, Pages
28+ Sample Reports – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
18+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates – PDF, Excel, Word, Pages
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Fault Tree Templates – PDF, Excel, Word
11+ Sample Accident Report Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
12+ Sample Home Inspection Reports – Docs, Word, Pages
53+ Contract Agreement Templates – Pages, Docs
10+Trip Report Templates – Word, Docs, pages
20+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, PDF
15+ Monthly Report Templates – Docs, Pages, Word
37+ Sample Proposal Templates – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
20+ Management Samples – PDF , Word, Docs, Pages