A storyboard refers to the graphical representation of a concept or an idea. Storyboards are mainly used in creating movies, television commercials, video projects, and even in animation. It contains a sequence of illustrations used to represent the key scenes of a story. By using a storyboard template, it will be easier to create a storyboard.
Creating a storyboard is also useful in photography projects and also photo shoots. It helps photographers prepare and plan a concept for an upcoming photo shoot. If you want to know more about this type of storyboard, you can read more about it below.
Sample Wedding Photography Storyboard
Professional Photography Storyboard
Photo Shoot Storyboard
Photo Collage Storyboard
How to Make Your Own Storyboard
Here are the basic steps in making your own visual storyboard, whether it is for a movie, television commercial, or a photography storyboard.
- Create your own outline for your storyboard, or you can download from the templates available here.
- Determine how you want to sequence your storyboard.
- Based on your concept, illustrate or draw on your storyboard each key scene in your story.
- Write the script for each scene in your storyboard. Also write a description on each one.
- Finalize your storyboard by reviewing and making the necessary changes.
Tips in Creating a Photography Storyboard
- As with any type of storyboard that you make, it is important that you have a clear concept on what you want to achieve in your storyboard.
- When creating a storyboard, always give importance to the details. This is essential especially since your photo shoot relies on the ideas or concept that you have in your storyboard.
- Gather from as much resources as you can, get inspiration from several references like a magazine, books, the Internet, etc.
Aside from our photography storyboard, we also have a selection of comic storyboard available.
Photoshop Film Storyboard
Photoshop Animation Storyboard
How to Create a Storyboard Concept for a Photo Shoot
Before photographers can start a photo shoot with a client, preparing a photography storyboard will allow them to conceptualize and plan out the process. We have gathered some ideas to help you create a concept for your project.
- Get inspiration from movies, art pieces, and books to be able to come up with an idea for a photo shoot.
- You can also get reference from various photography magazines. This is where you can learn about the different techniques such as the lighting, background, angles, fashion, etc.
- Based on your ideas, create your own aesthetic or artistic style when creating one.
- Experiment on different styles by using props or people. This will allow you to decide on how you want to compose your storyboard.
- Take ideas from several photographers.
- The Internet contains a vast library of materials that you can get inspiration and ideas from.
A storyboard is a necessary tool when planning and preparing for a photo shoot or a video project. Without one, you will not be able to easily carry out your project. If you need a template, our storyboard samples and video storyboard templates are available as reference for your storyboard.
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download
9+ Medical Prescription Samples – PDF, Word
30+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Sample Marketing Agreements
12+ Sample Standard Loan Agreement Templates