Legal memorandum and other types of memos present analysis and research discussions in a way that is more straightforward than a formal letter. So how do you construct a document that is informative but will not take you pages after pages of written information? Memorandum usually use bullets to highlight the major points.
Guidelines for effective memo formatting is actually very helpful to keep you from going out of the topic, but the better way to do this is to write first all the information you want to deliver, and avoid thinking about the limitations of your words. When you’re done, you can now narrow down your message but still keep all the important details.
Communication Strategy Memo
Memo for Audit Strategy
Memo for Campaign Strategy
Climate Strategy Memo
What Is a Strategy Memo?
Memorandum is a short written document that delivers information, analysis, or recommendation. It is a form of communication used within the staff of an organization, usually initiated by managers or supervisors. A memo that effectively communicates a detailed strategy within the organization is called a strategy memo. It is a written form of discussion of a proposed business strategy that will make the company more successful and the rationale behind the recommendation of such strategy. Sample memos suggest that a good strategy memo covers a great area of a topic by writing in bullet forms.
How to Write a Confidential Strategy Memo
- Label your memo with “Confidential Memorandum” or plainly “Confidential” at the top.
- Address the memo only to the person you want to receive the information.
- Immediately begin the discussion about the issue you want to address for developing the strategy.
- For the next paragraph, describe the strategy you intend to apply for the company. What are the steps needed, who are the people required to implement the strategies?
- Closing paragraph should include another reminder that this is a confidential memo.
Community College Strategy
Memo for Strategy Evaluation
Client Strategy Memo
Memo for Military Strategy
Strategic Planning Memo
Uses of Strategy Memo
- Strategy memos are used to communicate strategies for a particular project in a specific period of time
- To efficiently inform the people involved in the issue
- Act as professional communication through written documents that are recorded in the archive of the organization
- To analyze issues and recommend actions
- As observed in memo sample, strategy memo is used to summarize the highlight of the message
- To provide analytic background
- Develop and include evidence
- A concise outline of the strategic steps
Dos and Don’ts in Strategy Memo
- Focus on the memo’s contents
- Be mindful of your tone, especially when you are writing a professional memo like this one
- Edit for clarity, conciseness, and tone
- Follow the sample memo’s formal structure format
- Include a brief summary on why you recommended such strategy
- Lead the discussion on the problem and forgetting about the strategy
- Proposing a strategy without considering the cost
- Writing so much on why a strategy will not work, instead of writing solutions to make it work
- Appearing defensive regarding a problem or issue
- Describing information with little precision
6+ Audit Memo – Examples in Word, PDF
15+ Meeting Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Notice Memo – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Employee Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Budget Memo Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Audit Memos – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
9+ Internal Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Standard Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Board Memo Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Board Memo Template – Examples in Word, PDF
9+ Employee Memo Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
8+ Memorandum Samples
6+ Legal Memo Format Samples
10+ Memo Samples in Word
9+ Memo Samples