Log forms are essential in many establishments and organizations for a variety of purposes. Log forms may be used to record the names of people borrowing items. They can also be used as reference for attendance, and be used to record invoice transactions, which are also placed in an invoice log.
Here, we share with you a couple of log templates in PDF you can use to create your own log forms with ease. In an office setup, creating a call log is essential to record all calls made and time per call. This is also a reference for an employee’s productivity.
Home Reading Log
Daily Reading Log
Weekly Reading Log
A Log Form’s Use
Log forms are used to record names, addresses, and other information for documentation purposes. For some companies, they may also use log forms as the main medium to record an employee’s attendance, which is most used by starting companies or small establishments, rather than using automated machines to record attendance and do timekeeping.
Most free log templates available today are easy to download and use, which should give you the edge in creating your own log forms with ease. Log forms can also help you track down specific people you may be looking for as well.
Things to Prepare in Creating Your Log Form
You don’t need much to create your own log form, as long as you have the software programs you need that can run both Excel and word files, as well as the details you need to place in your log form. Although this is optional, you can also add images in your log sheet like thumbnail images of your company logo to decorate your log form and make it presentable. You can also scroll below for a variety of daily log templates available to help you create the perfect log form with all the needed information.
Vehicle Mileage Log
Automobile Mileage Log
Mileage Log Sheet
Five Day Food Log
Printable Daily Food Log
Phone Call Log
Media Call Log
Details to Place in Your Log Template
Now that you know about log forms and what to prepare, it’s time to create one. In creating your own log form, you will have to take note of some important details to place in your forms. Though these are just basic details, these are also some of the most important ones as well. Below are a few examples of the details you must place in your log forms:
- Thumbnail images – Although that this is not really needed, this can still be useful for presentation purposes and to let your log form have a formal look. You can insert multiple images, as long as you don’t overdo it and distract your viewers from your details.
- Company/organization name and contact details – This should be placed on top of your form, or before going to the main details. This is used for formality purposes and to inform your viewers on the company name and its contact details, in case of any inquiries they may have.
- Tasks done for the day (if needed) – This is commonly included in a school diary or school log book, where students get to write their tasks done for the day and any other information their parents may need to know.
- Remarks (if needed) – This is also often found in school diaries where teachers and other staff may place comments, reports, or opinions of a specific student’s activities or performance in school. This will also greatly benefit parents to know on how their children are doing.
- Time in and out(if needed) – This is very important especially for establishments that use log forms as a reference for attendance and timekeeping. This section is where employees should place what time they came in and went off, in which time log templates will be most helpful if you plan to create your own log form for this purpose.
For establishments that want to have a documentation on their petty cash funds, you can always use our petty cash log templates to help you create the perfect log form.
Weekly Homework Log
Student Homework Log
Blood Sugar Log
Diabetes Blood Sugar Log
Weekly Blood Sugar Log
Adventure Log Sheet
Drive Time Log Sheet
Volunteer Log Sheet
Who Benefits from Using Log Forms?
Generally, all establishments, schools, organizations, and such will be able to benefit from using log forms, as the variety of forms available will help them track down employee activities, or tasks done by students within the day.
Log forms can also help most establishments document employees borrowing company-owned materials or help them monitor funds being deducted from the company’s main budget. Using time log samples will also help you with timekeeping concerns. If you plan to track down expenses and people who’ve used them, downloading expense log templates will get the job done.
Who Uses Log Templates?
There are many individuals who uses log templates to their advantage, as these types of forms help them to monitor and keep such data for documentation purposes. Below are some examples of individuals who use log forms in their daily activities:
- Organizations – Most organizations use log sheets to monitor the number of people going to a specific event. This is also where they get their contact numbers to invite them for future activities.
- Reception areas – Reception areas will have a variety of log forms for both guests and employees to fill out when visiting the venue or borrowing specific items.
- Storage based departments – Most storage departments will use log forms to help them monitor stocks available, newly arrived stocks, and people using them.
Medication Administration Log
Parent Medication Log
Daily Medication Log
Motor Vehicle Log
Vehicle Maintenance Log
Behavior Documentation Log
Student Behavior Log
Physical Activity Log
Work Search Activity Log
Daily Activity Log
Activity Log Form
Tips on Creating Your Log Forms
- Do not place too much images unless needed – Avoid placing additional images in your log forms as it can be distracting for the viewers. Too much images is also informal and can overpower the details making it difficult for the viewer to read or fill out their details.
- Double-check for any errors – Make sure to double-check all your details before printing out your log forms to avoid any errors.
If you do plan on placing designs, make sure to balance out both design and details to not lose the viewers’ interest and avoid confusion in filling your log form. Try placing abstract shapes in your background but keep it transparent to give it style while not covering the details.
Editing the log templates or creating a new one can be easy, as you can create your daily log templates in word. If you need samples on recording your activities, you can always refer to a variety of activity log samples available in this topic.
13+ Security Agreement Samples
11+ Sample Security Agreements
14+ Funeral Notices
15+ Sample Partnership Agreements
24+ Partnership Agreement Templates
13+ Sample Operating Agreements – PDF, Word
11+ Sample Operating Agreement Templates to Download
16+ Sample Handover Reports
16+ Sample Audit Report Templates
13+ Memorandum of Agreements – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Memorandum of Agreement Templates to Download
9+ Medical Prescription Samples – PDF, Word
30+ Sample Marketing Agreement Templates to Download
12+ Sample Marketing Agreements
12+ Sample Standard Loan Agreement Templates