Sale transactions involving assets such as house and lot, vehicles, firearms, and many more need to be recorded on a bill of sales. A bill of sale is used for sale transactions where there is a need to transfer an asset’s ownership to the buyer. It is an implication that both parties have agreed that the rights of the item sold are now the new owner’s responsibility.
There are nine Bill of Sale Samples that can help you out should there be a need for you to sell your items you consider as your assets. There will surely be one that you can make use of that is presented in this article. Take a look at the samples below.
Generic Trade Bill of Sale
Generic Vehicle Bill of Sale
Generic Boat Bill of Sale
Generic Bill of Sale Notice
Generic Bill of Sale for Motor Vehicle
Bill of Sale: Definition
When there is a need for someone to sell an asset for certain reasons, a bill of sale is used as a mean to prove the transaction. This document is used when an item being sold has been recorded under the name of the seller (i.e. a car or any type of vehicle, land, firearms, etc.). This can be highly essential for times when there is a need to file for taxes, mortgages, and if the buyer has plans of reselling the items.
What Are the Contents of a Bill of Sale?
- Seller’s name, address, contact number, and signature
- Buyer’s name, address, contact number, and signature
- The section that mentions the transfer of all the rights to the buyer
- The description of the item such as the make and model, serial number, warranty (if still applicable), and other details that are important to the sale transaction
- The date of the transaction
- The purchase price and the currency used for the sale
- A statement that proves that the transaction is not illegal in any way
- Name and signature of the transaction witness, if any
You can also refer to Sample Bill of Sale Forms.
Generic Vessel Bill of Sale
Generic Blank Bill of Sale
New Generic Bill of Sale
Generic Bill of Sale Form
Why Is a Bill of Sale Needed?
- It is a legal evidence that can prove the transaction between the seller of the item and the buyer.
- All of the important details about the sale transaction is recorded. This makes it easy to trace any problem should there be any encountered along the way or in the near future.
- It is a very important document that can be used by the buyer if he/she plans on reselling the item, filing for tax returns, and mortgage filing.
Why Make Use of Generic Bill of Sale Samples?
- First of all, the sample bill of sales in this article is catered to various situations that might need a bill of sale.
- These samples are accessible directly in this article, which makes downloading these items very easy.
- These are Free Printable Bill of Sale Samples, which means downloading these documents will not cost anything.
- These samples are designed to ensure that all the essential details are recorded during the sale.
- These templates will not take up too much space on your device or laptop since they are in a PDF (.pdf) format, which is a compact file format.
- Using these templates can definitely save you a lot of time since there is no need for you to draft one from scratch.
22+ Sample SOP Templates – PDF, DOC
25+ Sample Delivery Note Templates – PDF, DOC, Excel
9+ Method Statement Templates – PDF, Word
46+ Amazing Newspaper Templates – PDF, PPT, Word, PSD
20+ Sample Silent Auction Bid Sheet Templates to Download – DOC, PDF
24+ Sample Christmas Papers
12+ Sample Christmas Tag Templates
19+ Christmas Vouchers
9+ Payslip Templates – PDF, Word
50+ Quotation Templates – DOC, PDF, Excel
33+ Doctors Note Samples – PDF, Word, Pages
53+ Family Tree Templates
10+ Paper House Samples
18+ Sample Family Tree Chart Templates
18+ Purchase Order Templates to Download for Free