Workshops are fun ways to learn outside of the usual classroom setting. Most people think that conducting a workshop is simply just playing a few games with a moral lesson then followed by a little lecture and perhaps a video. What most people don’t know is there is a lot of planning that goes into conducting a workshop. A trainer’s job extends to both before and way after the workshop ends. Planning a workshop includes training analysis, where the trainer studies and identifies the participants’ training needs, coming up with a training design, and finally, evaluation and assessment.
Check out these Sample Evaluation forms for more information.
Parent Workshop Evaluation Form
Simple Workshop Evaluation Form
Teacher Workshop Evaluation Form
Workshop Content Evaluation Form
Workshop Session Evaluation Form
It may seem useless to some, but conducting an evaluation at the end of training is extremely important. Some principal reasons for conducting training evaluation include:
- Determine Areas for Improvement. No training design, no matter how well thought-out, is perfect. There is always room for improvement and different groups of training participants will be able to point of different holes in training designs.
- Assess the Effectiveness of Training. A major problem trainers face is that their participants fail to apply what they are taught. A good way to make sure that participants have indeed learned and will be able to apply what they’ve learned is by conducting an assessment activity or having them fill out an evaluation form afterward.
- Proof That Training Is Adding Value. The results of your training evaluation will serve as concrete proof that your workshop has made a difference and will contribute to the goals of the organization.
Workshop evaluation forms may come in many types such as Peer Evaluation Forms, where participants rate and evaluate their peers, or Employee Self-Evaluation Forms, where participants rate and evaluate themselves. The contents of the evaluation form may evaluate the content of the training, the trainers, and the activities. It would ask the participants regarding:
- What They’ve Learned. Participants will be assessed on their learnings through activities or tests related to the workshop.
- The Contents of the Workshop. Participants will be asked if the contents of the workshop are helpful, relevant, or timely to their needs and the needs of the organization.
- The Trainers. Just as the trainers evaluate the participants based on their learnings, the participants will also rate the trainers on how well they’ve performed in conducting training. Did they speak clearly? Did they deliver their points effectively?
- Activities and Materials. Were the activities relevant to the contents of the workshop? Were there enough materials? Were the training materials appropriate to the activities and content?
- Environment. Was it too hot? Too cold? Were the surroundings dirty?
Workshop Evaluation Form Questionnaire in PDF
High School Workshop Evaluation Form
College Workshop Evaluation Form
Business Workshop Evaluation Form
Free Workshop Evaluation Form Sample
It is beneficial for all involved to conduct an evaluation following an activity. Not only does it assess whether one has learned what they need to learn, it also helps the organizers of the workshop identify points of improvement in their training designs. Also check out our Performance Evaluation Forms and Self-Evaluation Forms for other formats and types of evaluations.
19+ Sample Evaluations
7+ Sample Work Performance Evaluations
7+ Performance Evaluation Samples
7+ Sample Job Performance Evaluations
11+ Industry Analysis Templates
11+ Industry Analysis Samples
14+ Annual Financial Report Templates- MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF, Google Docs
6+ Sample After Action Reports
9+ After Action Report Samples
11+ Book Report Templates – Free Samples , Examples & Format
7+ Sample Apartment Rental Agreements
7+ Apartment Rental Agreement Templates
20+ Annual Report Templates to Download – Word, PDF, Apple Pages
13+ Sample Annual Reports
15+ Sample Settlement Agreements