Working on a construction project can be a hard and complex job since a lot of planning, organizing and managing goes into the project to ensure it gets completed on time. For project owners and their managers, it is important for them to have a guide to help them thoroughly organize their plans towards completion. And one of the best tools in the trade is a construction project planning checklist. This will give them a complete rundown of the different aspects needed for the construction project, from manpower, resources, budget, and other crucial stages to form the entire project plan. To know more about this checklist, let us discuss this further below. And if you need to prepare a checklist for your project, then check out our free construction project planning checklist samples that are downloadable on this page.
10+ Construction Project Planning Checklist Samples
1. Construction Project Planning Checklist Template
2. Pre Construction Project Site Planning Checklist
3. Construction Project Description Planning Checklist
4. Construction Management Project Planning Checklist
5. Construction Site Project Planning Checklist
6. Construction Transportation Project Planning Checklist
7. Road Construction Project Planning Checklist
8. Pre Construction Project Planning & Development Checklist
9. Ministry Construction Project Planning Checklist
10. Commercial Construction Project Planning Checklist
11. Sample Construction Project Planning Checklist
What Is a Construction Project Planning Checklist?
A construction project planning checklist is a useful guide for project owners and their teams in order to facilitate the project from start to finish. To begin, you need to have an efficient project management plan since this will define the entire process and completion of the project. This is where we base our checklist for each stage of the project management. That being said, it is quite important to prepare a construction checklist since you will need a tool that will not only guide your project planning but this will help ensure that you are right on track with your plans and that all aspects are to be covered.
How To Create a Construction Project Planning Checklist?
Construction projects can be simple or extensive, complex, and vary in size. Some would take months, others for many years to get completed. And they can range from commercial, civil, agricultural, industrial, and environmental projects. So, no two construction project is ever the same, but in preparing a construction project planning checklist there must be several elements you need to include such as the following below:
I. Initiation Phase
Now that you have a construction project in mind, you need to gather and complete several things in the first phase of the project. First, you will need a business plan at the beginning of the construction project—this is most relevant if you want to detail team members’ assignments and project management.
Then you will also need an RFP or request for proposal or construction bidding proposal. The proposal should contain an overview of how the project will be managed, the project’s scope and deliverables, estimated cost, and the start and end dates.
II. Planning Phase
Documentation is important in the planning phase of the construction project because it provides a representation of what is to be constructed. Examples of these documentations are as follows:
- Blueprints: these are drawings and specifications of the building or structure to be built.
- Communication Plan: there must be an efficient process where the entire team can communicate and collaborate freely and smoothly with each other. Developing an efficient communication plan will improve scheduling and build solid working relationships.
- Site Safety Plan: construction sites are prone to all sorts of accidents so it is important that there should be a proper procedure on how to ensure the safety of not only the workers but the surroundings as well.
- Scope Documentation: this is an outline of the project’s deadlines, deliverables, functions, goals, and tasks. This can also determine the cost estimates for the project.
- Procurement Plans: this is where you need to choose vendors and contractors, and source equipment.
- Permits, Fees, and Licenses: before the building construction can begin, make sure you are able to secure different permits and licenses that are applicable in your state or city. There are also fees that need to be paid as part of any legal requirements. Make sure you are aware of this beforehand.
When the construction begins, all the plans you have set forth before will now be carried out. The execution phase goes hand in hand with the controlling stage of the project management plan.
IV. Control and Monitoring
You will need to ensure that everything is going as initially planned, so you need to monitor every phase of the construction to keep it within the scope, costs within the budget, and on time with its schedule.
V. Finishing Phase
Once the construction project is geared towards its completion stage there are several things you need to consider such as final inspections, meeting with the project owner, handover manuals and instructions, ensuring that vendors and contractors are paid, budget report and etc.
What Is Project Management?
This involves the planning and use of specific knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to achieve all project goals within the given constraints.
How Important are Cost Estimates in Construction?
This is important for project decisions since this estimate aids developers in determining the feasibility and profitability of a potential project.
What Is a Project Manager?
A project manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, and managing of a specific project.
Construction projects can take a lot of time and effort to organize, with the help of a construction project planning checklist this will help project owners and managers ensure that everything will be completely carried out.
FREE 10+ Quality Management Control Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Site Safety Inspection Checklist Samples
FREE 10+ Construction Project Risk Management Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Sample Construction Risk Assessment Templates
FREE 10+ Construction Scope Management Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Project Risk Management Plan Samples
FREE 8+ Sample Material Lists
FREE 7+ Sample Project Closeout
FREE 7+ Sample Project Task List Templates
FREE 3+ Construction Project Management Report Samples
FREE 43+ Sample Checklist Templates
FREE 35+ Sample Plan Templates
FREE 14+ Sample Project Budget Templates
FREE 10+ Project Handover Samples
FREE 10+ Emergency Action Plan Samples