The scientific process concerned with how and why people behaves in a certain way, what people do or say is called behavior analysis. This attempts to gather information that would allow an understanding of behavior, provides description, give an explanation, and predict future actions of a person or an animal.
In like manner, there is another type of analysis in writing that concerns people and observes their behavior but with a specific variable that makes it different from other analysis, like the training needs analysis, needs assessment analysis, financial needs analysis that are all under needs analysis, which focuses on particular needs.
Social Media Needs Analysis
Sample Training Needs Analysis Template
Insurance Needs Analysis
Personal Training Needs Analysis Template
Training Needs Analysis
Needs Assessment Analysis
Financial Needs Analysis
Business Needs Analysis
What Is a Needs Analysis?
Needs analysis is one technique used in any company to figure out future plans that would lead to reaching the goal of the company. It is a process that involves identifying what the employees’ needs are and evaluating their needs. According to Witkin et al. (1995), needs analysis is a void between what is and what should be. The process that tries to measure what is real and what is the ideal. The most familiar is the training needs analysis templates, its purpose is for you to know what kind of training the employees currently need.
How to Conduct a Needs Analysis
- Identify the target population you want to conduct the analysis with.
- Identify the problems or the weak spot of the organization or employees.
- Conduct a needs assessment.
- Get the result of the assessment.
- List down the gap between the ideal and the real situation.
- Communicate the results to the involved parties.
- Use analysis templates to write your analysis so it would be easier to just fill out the sections for future analysis, and this uniformity will benefit you for tracking the progress in case needed.
- Use research analysis samples as a guide if further research is needed.
Needs Feasibility Analysis
Analysis of Market Needs
Analysis of Customer Needs
Needs Resources Analysis
Advantages and Disadvantages of Needs Analysis
If you observed in the analysis samples provided, the needs analysis focuses on what should be done to make a significant change.
- It gives clarity to the current state of the organization or employees
- It helps identify the gaps between what is and what should be
- Helps you make a plan since the needs analysis is focused on the future changes and solutions
- Keeps the organization aligned on the vision, mission, and objectives of the company
- Would cost the company a huge amount of budget
- Possibly ineffective due to subjectivity of the one conducting the analysis
7 Tips on Conducting a Better Needs Analysis
- List down your questions and concerns.
- Categorize your questions. Some of them might just be targeting the same answer. In the same fashion, sample business analysis consist of questions concerning business problems and solutions.
- Identify the rationale behind the questions. Why did you ask those questions? What made you ask those questions?
- Form the questions properly.
- Practice a casual-like interview when asking questions.
- You may use questionnaires for needs assessment.
- Observe the target population in their natural environment before and after assessment.
FREE 8+ Value Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Project Financial Analysis Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Audience Analysis Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 17+ Market Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Restaurant SWOT Analysis Samples in Google Docs | Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Investment Analysis Templates in Excel | MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Apple Pages
FREE 22+ Sample HR SWOT Analysis Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 6+ Process Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Statistical Analysis Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Statistical Analysis Plan Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Construction Cost Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Stakeholder Analysis Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 15+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates in PDF | MS Word | Excel | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 44+ Analysis Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Excel
FREE 10+ Disequilibrium Analysis Samples in PDF | DOC