You might be overwhelmed that you and your beloved fiance are getting married. However, tying the knot may not seem as easy and as simple as it is. According to Merriam-Webster, a prenuptial agreement is made between a man and a woman right before getting married indicating how much both of them will get if one of them will die or if they get divorced.
Most people would definitely and just consider the idea as a plan B in case of divorce or some kind of a preventive way or measure to shield and to protect oneself from uncertainties. Furthermore, here are some Sample Agreements that you and your fiance would find useful.
Prenuptial Agreement Template
Sample Marriage Prenuptial Agreement
Prenuptial Custody Agreement in PDF
Property Prenuptial Agreement Format
Prenuptial Debt Agreement Example
Standard Prenuptial Agreement
Before creating and signing in your prenuptial agreement, you might as well consider some important points and subject matters below helpful. Also, have a look at Franchise Agreements and Prenuptial Agreement Forms further for more insightful references.
Things You Can Do with a Prenuptial Agreement
- Proper Distribution of Wealth – this is probably the most common and the most popular reason why most would have a prenuptial agreement to begin with. Marrying someone without having to sign a prenuptial agreement whatsoever would probably have an absolutely messy arguments over financial matters when the couple would eventually go for a divorce, specifically on distributing it. And having to sign for a prenuptial agreement takes care of these certain situations neatly.
- Debt Protection – having a prenuptial agreement can protect you if your spouse is running away from a creditor because of debt. Unlike not having to sign a prenuptial agreement, creditors can somehow turn to community or marital property just to satisfy the debt of just one spouse, as how Nolo would describe it.
- Provision for the Children from Previous Marriages – prenuptial agreements are essential when it comes to providing for your children from previous or past marriages. By having to sign a prenuptial agreement, you can absolutely ensure that your children from previous marriages or past relationships can inherit their share of your property, making sure they will not be deprived and be taken away from their rights and have them shielded and protected.
Prenuptial Financial Agreement
Prenuptial Separation Agreement
Blank Prenuptial Agreement Form
Generic Prenuptial Agreement
- Property Protection – these are usually the things that you would want to stay and keep in your family. Such examples are an heirloom or a share in the family business. You can be able to specifically include such things in your prenuptial agreement, including future inheritance, and exactly indicate that it shall remain in your family, in which you and your spouse can agree to.
- Divorce – by having signed a prenuptial agreement before actually marrying, you can define who gets what if you ever decide to get a divorce; unlike not having a prenuptial agreement, which state laws would just determine who gets what. The beauty of having a prenuptial agreement is that you can create and define rules and boundaries to be later imposed on your soon-to-be-married life, and it is without having to compromise at all. If it’s any help, you can also check out this page’s Profit Sharing Agreements for soon-to-be-wed couples.
- Indicate the Agreed Upon Responsibilities during the Marriage – this is a collection of agreed and imposed upon lists of things that you can include in your prenuptial agreement depending on your circumstances.
FREE 5+ Dealer-Lender Agreement Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 8+ Mutual Confidentiality Agreement Templates in Google Docs | Pages | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Equity Distribution Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Sub Distributor Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Hardware Exclusive Distributor Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Contract Manufacturing Agreement Samples in PDF | MS Word
8+ Sample Buy Sell Agreements
FREE 17+ Deed of Assignment Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Agreement Between Two Parties For Money Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 23+ Dealership Agreement Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE 4+ Purchasing Agents Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Multi Member LLC Operating Agreement Samples in PDF
FREE 6+ Worldwide License Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Source Code License Agreement Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 5+ Training Bond Agreement Samples in [ Employee, Pilot, Employment ]