In business, a non-disclosure agreement is a common practice. Businesses have trade secrets and very private information that shouldn’t be shared to a third party. This private information is a valuable asset for a business or a company since these include the company’s goals, the process and manufacture of products, and their trade secrets.
Any breach of these agreements may be damaging to the company. If a party breaches a non-disclosure agreement, he or she is liable to pay for damages should the other party sue them. If you are looking for non-disclosure agreement forms, then you’ve come to the right place. Our Sample Agreements will be very much useful to you.
Confidentiality Non-Disclosure Agreement
Non-Disclosure Business Agreement in PDF
Sample Non-Disclosure Agreement in DOC
Key Elements of Non-Disclosure Agreements
It is important to know what these elements are to fully understand a non-disclosure agreement and what the terms of these agreements entail. Our General Partnership Agreements are also available for you to download.
- A non-disclosure agreement should contain the details of the parties involved in the agreement.
- All the information a party considers to be confidential should be completely written to avoid any misunderstanding, which may result in a breach of contract.
- The extent of the confidentiality of the information and the receiving party’s obligations should be stated.
- The information not included in the agreement should also be written to avoid any confusion.
Functions of a Non-Disclosure Agreement
A non-disclosure agreement has three main functions. Refer to the list below to understand what these are. If you want to replace a party in a certain agreement, you will need Novation Agreements for that.
- The main purpose of a non-disclosure agreement is to protect any sensitive information, most especially in businesses.
- Companies and businesses constantly develop different products, services, or ideas. A non-disclosure agreement will help protect the company, especially in terms of having patent rights of a product or idea.
- A non-disclosure agreement specifically indicates what a confidential information is and what is not, which will be the basis should a breach of contract happen.
Non-Disclosure Employment Agreement
Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement
Non-Disclosure Purchase Agreement
Non-Disclosure Termination Agreement
When to Use a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- It is necessary to have a non-disclosure agreement signed when negotiating with freelancers, consultants, and other business deals you may encounter. They usually need access to your confidential information.
- When dealing with potential investors, partners, suppliers, etc., it is important to have them sign non-disclosure agreements to ensure any information is protected.
- For anyone trying to buy your business, confidential information about the company like financial, marketing, etc., will inevitably be disclosed. It is important to have them sign an NDA to protect your business.
- When a new idea or product is presented to potential buyers, it is necessary to have them sign a non-disclosure agreement to prevent the risk of an idea being taken.
A company’s most valuable asset are its trade secrets, that’s why it’s important to always rely on a non-disclosure agreement when confidential information is involved. Our non-disclosure agreements will be helpful to you since these are already templates making it easier for you to secure one. For business partnership deals, our Business Partnership Agreements is what you need.
9+ Sample Standard Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, Pages, PDF
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements in Word
13+ Exchange of Shares Agreement Template – PDF, Word
9+ Commercial Sublease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
12+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF
33+ Commercial Lease Agreement Samples – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Termination Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
7+ Sample Commercial Property Management Agreements – Word, PDF
7+ Sample Commercial Purchase Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Commercial Purchase Agreements – Word, PDF
9+ Sample Commercial Loan Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Commission Sales Agreement Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Sample Commission Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
10+ Sales Commission Agreement Samples & Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
11+ Marketing Services Agreement Template – PDF, Word