A lease agreement is an arrangement between a landlord and a tenant regarding the use of an asset or property. The landlord leases their property to an interested tenant. The tenant pays the landlord for allowing them to use the property for a specified length of time. The agreement may be made by the landlord, but it still should be written in a way that is favorable to both parties.The purpose of the lease agreement form is to provide both parties a clear outline of their obligations regarding the said property. It is a binding agreement that obligates them to follow the terms and conditions to avoid facing any consequences or paying any compensation.
Commercial Lease Agreement Forms
Free Commercial Lease Agreement Form
Commercial Lease Form for Month-to-Month
Blank Commercial Lease Agreement Form
Auto Lease Agreement Form Template
What Is a Lease Agreement Form?
A lease agreement form is another legal document that is used when leasing a property together with the lease agreement contract. Before a contract is created, the prospective tenant is first asked by the landlord to fill out this form so that they will be able to get the needed information they need from them. This is a way for the landlord to assess and know about the person or people they will be allowing to use or occupy their property.
How to Write Lease Agreement
Follow these useful steps to be able to write your own lease agreement.
- Start with doing a draft of the important things that you need and want to put in your lease agreement. You can make use of a sample rental lease agreement form as reference so that you will know what they are.
- Familiarize the elements that are needed to make your lease agreement effective.
- Create or choose a template that you want to use and one that is appropriate for your needs.
- Use separate paragraphs to explain each of the terms and conditions of your lease agreement.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Provide a space for writing and affixing the signatures.
- Don’t forget to spell-check and proofread your work.
You might want to check other agreements, like a release agreement.
Business Lease Agreement Forms
Sample Business Lease Agreement Form
Business Rental Lease Agreement Sample
Business Office Lease Form
Car Lease Agreement Forms
Lease Agreement Form for Personal Car
Sample Car Lease Form Template
Private Car Lease Agreement Sample
Equipment Lease Agreement Forms
Lease Agreement Form for Medical Equipment
Standard Equipment Lease Form
Simple Equipment Lease Agreement Sample
Horse Lease Agreement Template
What Is a Purchase Lease Agreement?
A purchase lease agreement is a shortened term for a lease to purchase agreement. It is similar to a rent-to-own agreement where the tenant has the option to purchase the leased property after a specified time or after the whole agreed upon amount has been paid. The contents of a purchase lease agreement are option fee, monthly payment, rent credit, duration, the property value, and the terms and rules. You may also check our landlord lease agreement.
How to Make a Lease Agreement for Rental Property
You can download and use sample lease agreement form in this article as your lease agreement. But if you want to make your own personalized lease agreement, then follow the steps below.
- If you don’t know much about lease agreements, first do some research or some reading about it. You may also consult a professional and get help in creating your lease agreement. Decide how you will make the lease agreement.
- Make a draft of the items or the terms and conditions that are necessary to create your agreement.
- Choose a template or an outline that is best used for the type of agreement you will be making.
- Write your contents clearly and concisely. It won’t do you any good if your tenant-to-be doesn’t understand the contents or misunderstands them.
- Use simple language and avoid technical terms. If you really need to use those technical terms, then provide a definition of terms.
- Make sure that your layout margin is the same for all sides of your document so that it will look neat and framed.
- Provide spaces where the tenant is supposed to write their names, the dates, and where they can affix their signatures to seal the deal.
- Have somebody spell-check and proofread your work.
- If you really must, you can consult a professional to check it for you.
Land Lease Agreement Forms
Lease Agreement Form for Farm Land
Lease Agreement for Agriculture Land
Vacant Land Lease Agreement Form
Hunting Land Lease Form
Month-to-Month Lease Agreement
Notarized Lease Agreement Form
Owner Operator Lease Agreement
Printable Lease Agreement Form
Room Lease Agreement Sample
Yearly Lease Agreement Sample
Lease Agreement Format for School
Boat Slip Lease Agreement Example
Extension of Lease Agreement Forms
Residential Lease Extension Agreement
Commercial Lease Extension Sample
Lease Extension Agreement Example
Simple Lease Extension Agreement
What Is the Difference between License Agreement and Lease Agreement?
A license agreement is a written agreement that gives permission to use the property for a specified fee but does not give exclusive rights to the property. It is an agreement that is formed by the tenant or the contractual owner of the property with another party to be able to engage in an activity that involves the use of the said property. A license agreement is not limited to tangible things, like assets or properties. They can also be used for intellectual properties, like technology, publications, copywrites, and patents.
A lease agreement, on the other hand, is an arrangement between two parties, namely the landlord or the owner of the property and the tenant. This agreement is about the property that the landlord is leasing to the tenant. The tenant is given specific rights to use and occupy a certain property or asset in exchange for payments. A lease agreement can last from six months up to a year depending on what has been agreed upon by the two parties. Once this agreement is signed and sealed, no part of it can be changed until the said contract ends.
Sample vehicle lease agreement templates are available for download on our website.
Legal Lease Agreement Template
Lease Agreement Form for Office
Lease Agreement for Parking space
Vehicle Lease Agreement Forms
Car Lease and Service Sample
Motor Vehicle Lease Agreement
Taxicab Vehicle Lease Sample
Vehicle Lease Agreement Example
What Are the Important Parts of a Lease Agreement?
In every document that we make, it is best to practice taking note of the important elements or parts of it. This is also the same in a lease agreement, especially if the one you are making is intended to be a legal document. Below are the important parts of a lease agreement. Please also see lease extension agreement.
- A lease agreement should have the date that the lease agreement has been created.
- The name of the owner of the property, the landlord, and the lessee or tenant should all be written in the agreement.
- The name and a detailed description of the property to be rented are needed so that there will be an identification of the property being leased.
- The terms and conditions of the lease agreement should always be written with care.
- Include the scope and limitations or the minimum responsibilities of the entities within the transaction to each other.
- Have the regulations needed to be followed within the duration of the lease included.
- The expiration of the lease agreement content should also be provided.
- The signatures of the entities involved in the agreement need to be affixed.
- The date that the document has been agreed upon, signed, and approved should also be written on it.
21+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples and Examples – PDF, Word
26+ Non-Disclosure Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
22+ Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreement Template – PDF, Word
13+ Nondisclosure Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
14+ Nondisclosure and Noncompete Agreement Samples – PDF, Word
29+ Sample Non Disclosure Agreements
15+ Non Disclosure Agreement Samples
23+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples & Templates
11+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
7+ Confidentiality Agreement Samples
13+ Sample Service Level Agreements
10+ Security Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
16+ Sample Partnership Agreements
15+ General Partnership Agreement Samples
18+ Partnership Agreement Samples, Templates, Examples