What is a confidentiality agreement? Confidentiality is a set of rules that limits a person or a group of people to disclose information to other people outside of the said group. It is like having a secret that is legally binding and has legal liabilities. A confidentiality agreement is also known as a non-disclosure agreement or NDA, confidential disclosure agreement or CDA, proprietary information agreement or PIA, and secrecy agreement or SA.
In this article are 40+ free confidentiality agreement samples that will surely help you with your confidentiality agreement needs. These sample agreements are available for download online. Download now!
Employee Confidentiality Agreement
Standard Employee Confidentiality Agreement
Generic Employee Confidentiality Agreement
Medical Center Employee Confidentiality Agreement
Employee Confidentiality Agreement
Standard Confidentiality Agreement
Standard Employee Confidentiality Agreement
Standard Mutual Confidentiality Agreement
Client Confidentiality Agreement
Legal Client Confidentiality Agreement
Business Client Confidentiality Agreement
Generic Client Confidentiality Agreement
Vendor Confidentiality Agreements
Vendor Supplier Confidentiality Agreement
Bank Vendor Confidentiality Agreement
Vendor Confidentiality Security Agreement
Vendor Confidentiality & Non Disclosure Agreement
HR Confidentiality Agreements
HR Employee Confidentiality Agreement
HR Data Confidentiality Agreement
HR Consultant Confidentiality Agreement
What Is the Difference between Confidentiality and Privacy?
When we think about confidentiality we usually think that we are sure what it means. But when we encounter the word privacy together with confidentiality, things start to get confusing big time. If you don’t know, there is actually a difference between confidentiality and privacy. As we already know, confidentiality is a set of rules that limits a person from divulging information to other people. The people who are involved in a confidential agreement are expected to keep and maintain the secrecy of a specific sensitive information or documents. The concept of confidentiality is to prevent any unauthorized access to confidential information. The information involved are professional and legal. Any unauthorized personnel is not allowed from knowing and using the information.
Privacy, on the other hand, is when an individual wants to be secluded or keep something away from other people. An individual who wants privacy wants to be let alone. Unlike confidentiality that obligates the people who are involved in it, having privacy doesn’t have any obligations associated with it because it is a personal choice made by the individual. Privacy limits other people to have access about what is going on with the individual. People are also not allowed to get involved with any of an individual’s personal matters.
The General Types of Non-Disclosure Agreement
- A Unilateral NDA involves two parties, namely the disclosing party and the receiving party. This type of non-disclosure agreement is also called a one-way non-disclosure agreement because only the disclosing party provides confidential information to the receiving party. The disclosing party provides the confidential information with the expectation that the receiving party will not disclose it to another party or person for a certain reason. This type of non-disclosure agreement is used to protect legal trading secrets and press releases before it is announced to the public. For the receiving party to be able to disclose the information, they need to compensate the disclosing party accordingly.
- A Bilateral NDA is usually used by businesses, especially when they are considering a merger. It also involves a disclosing party and a receiving party. A bilateral NDA is also know as a mutual NDA or a two-way NDA. In a bilateral NDA both parties disclose information to one another. An NDA is made bilateral so that the agreement can be balanced between the parties who are involved.
- Multilateral NDA. While both unilateral and bilateral NDAs involve two parties in the agreement, a mutual confidentiality agreement involves two or more parties in their agreement. There is no need to make separate unilateral and bilateral NDAs because a multilateral NDA can be used to replace them. One of the party discloses information for all the involved parties to know and keep confidential. The advantage of this type of disclosure is that there is only one agreement to manage instead of multiple separate ones. The disadvantage is reaching an agreement when it comes to making decisions for complex negotiations.
Business Confidentiality Agreement
Business Plan Confidentiality Agreement
Business Associate Confidentiality Agreement
Business Sale Confidentiality Agreement
Board Confidentiality Agreement
Board of Directors Confidentiality Agreement
Board Member Confidentiality Agreement
Contractor Confidentiality Agreement
Contractor Acknowledgement and Confidentiality Agreement
Employee Contractor Confidentiality Agreement
Free Contractor Confidentiality Agreement
Medical Confidentiality Agreement
Patient Medical Confidentiality Agreement
Medical Facility Confidentiality Agreement
Medical Procedure Confidentiality Agreement
Research Confidentiality Agreement
Research Data Confidentiality Agreement
Research Assistant Confidentiality Agreement
What Is Confidentiality in Medicine?
We seek the help of medical practitioners like doctors and nurses for our medical needs. We provide them personal information that even we can’t tell other people, including our families and close friends. These information, no matter how awkward and how serious, should be provided to the doctor or the medical practitioner who is taking care of you so that they will be able to make correct decisions and help you feel better, or save your life. They in turn are obligated to keep the information you have provided confidential.
Medical professionals have an oath that, no matter what the situation, the safety and the life of the patient is always a priority. So even if they are asked to treat a criminal, the very first thing that they do is treat them, and once they are stable, they are reported to the police.
Confidentiality in medicine is practiced to protect the interests of the patient, unless the patient being treated is wanted by the authorities or has done something wrong to another. It is also practiced to establish a trust relationship between medical practitioners and the patient. A gap in their relationship may cause the patient to limit the information they provide them, thus impacts their care, or, worse, endangers their lives.
What Are the Instances When a Patient’s Medical Information Can Be Divulged?
Although strict confidentiality is expected from medical practitioners, what is included in there are still some cases where patient information can be provided or divulged to other parties, and they are listed below. You can also check out agreement letter examples.
- Patient information about a medical exam can be disclosed as a requirement when applying for a job.
- It is also required when applying for insurance, so that the insurance company would know what type of insurance you should belong.
- It can be disclosed if it is about a communicable disease provided that it is limited only to the type of disease but not the identity of the patient.
- It can be disclosed as a requirement for a school’s health records of the students.
The Common Issues Addressed in an NDA
- The length or the period of time that the confidential agreement is valid and how long it is biding.
- The obligations and responsibilities of the parties involved.
- How permission ca be obtained when it is really necessary to divulge information, especially to the authorities.
- The term and conditions of the non-disclosure agreement. It should be specifically and clearly stated.
Personal Confidentiality Agreements
Personal Information Confidentiality Agreement
Personal Employee Agreement
Data Confidentiality Agreement
Unilateral Data Confidentiality Agreement
Employee Data Confidential Agreement
Organization Data Confidentiality Agreement
Real Estate Confidentiality Agreement
Real Estate Confidential Agreement Sample
Buyer Confidentiality Agreement
Tenant Confidentiality Agreement
Volunteer Celebrity Confidentiality Agreement
Sample Confidential Agreement
How to Write a Confidentiality Agreement
There is no better way to write your confidentiality agreement than to make it effective. An effective agreement is more than impressive—it is the best. Try these steps that we have created for you to write an effective confidentiality agreement.
- When writing your confidentiality agreement you should use a format that is applicable for making contracts.
- Write your sentences with single spaces and your paragraphs should have double spaces. This will make your contract neat and easy to read. There are times when text that are written in compact form are just too scary to look at and even tiring to read.
- Identify the type of contract you are about to make.
- Identify the parties who will be involved in this agreement. It is essential to list down all of the parties and the individuals who will be involved in this agreement so that everyone who reads and signs the agreement will be made aware of it. It will also bind the listed parties and individuals to the agreement.
- Write the details of the information that should be kept confidential and also list all of the information that are not included from confidentiality.
- Each paragraph of your agreement should contain and explain different terms.
- Your terms and conditions should be specific. The date and time of validity of the agreement should also be stipulated as well as other factors that comprise the agreement.
- Clearly and concisely write the consequences in the event that any involved party or individual discloses information to another or to the public. This could be a fee for a certain amount or other appropriate penalties.
- Provide a space where all parties who agreed can write their names and affix their signatures.
Uses of a Confidentiality Agreement
- A legal confidentiality agreement is used to bind an individual or a party to an agreement so that the details of a certain agenda is not disclosed or accessed by the public or other parties.
- It makes sure that the principles of confidentiality are followed.
- In medicine, it is used to keep patient records confidential, especially with high-profile personalities, people with contagious diseases, and those with diseases that are acquired through shameful ways. This is done to in accordance to the law to protect the rights of the patient. The people who handle this type of information are expected to practice confidentiality at all times, even to their fellow professionals.
- It keeps information about certain companies’ products and services from leaking out to other companies when an employee or a member leaves.
- People who attend meetings or forums about national security or that which is related to the safety of the people. This information when released to the public without proper consideration can cause chaos and may intensify the problems that are already there.
- Findings on new deadly, harmful, or communicable disease are also kept confidential by the people involved to prevent unnecessary issues to arise.
- In law, attorneys need to keep confidential the information about their clients, most especially if it something not related to the case they are handling.
6+ Exchange Agreements – Examples in Word, PDF
14+ Shareholders Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
14+ Exchange of Shares Agreement Templates – PDF, Word
12+ Rental Agreement Format Samples – PDF, Word
10+ Rental Agreement Format Samples
13+ Sample Word Rental Agreements
8+ Business Rental Agreements
8+ Business Rental Agreement Templates
9+ Security Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Convertible Note Agreement Templates
13+ Asset Purchase Agreement Samples
21+ Asset Purchase Agreement Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Residential Lease Agreements
11+ Sample Residential Lease Agreements
16+ Confidentiality Agreement for Consultants – PDF, Word